Monday, February 14, 2011

English Paper piecing

So, Ive been trying to get started on my Baby Jane. I finally decided that I am going to have to do it the English paper piecing method.
It will be alot more work, but it will travel well.
I am using freezer paper for the paper pieces and I am cutting out 4 blocks at a time. I then am placing each block in its own quart sized zippie bag with a copy of what the block is supposed to look like.
I can place all these in a gallon sized zippie bag with needle, thread, and scissors.

I tried to just do regular handpiecing. I sucked at it. My seams were all wonky. My corners didn't match. It looked terrible!

So the first 4 blocks are M2 - Duff's Bluff, J3 - Rick's Volleyball, C12 - Family Reunion, and F8 - Church Window.

When I get my first 'kit' together, I will start posting pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment